Welcome to Legal Services of Southern Missouri Online Intake System. Before you begin the application
process, we need to provide you with some introductory information. This application is a preliminary
screening, and completing it does not mean that Legal Services of Southern Missouri will help you.
Please carefully read the following information and then select the response that indicates that you
understand and agree.
- If this is an emergency, call 911.
- Protect your rights while you are applying for help. If you have a hearing or deadline
coming soon, do not miss it. If your hearing or deadline is fast approaching you may want to
call our helpline immediately at 800.444.4863 between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through
- Completing the application may take 10 to 15 minutes.
- The Online Intake System is available for adults 18 years of age or older who are U.S. citizens
or legal residents. Legal Services of Southern Missouri may be able to help undocumented aliens
in certain circumstances.
- Please complete this application as the person seeking legal help. If you are helping someone
else, complete it using his/her information and not yours.
- We will ask for information about your income, assets and the people who live in your household,
as well as questions about your legal problem.
- You must meet certain conditions for us to help you:
- Legal Services may be based on household income.
- Your legal problem must be a type we handle. We do not do criminal cases or traffic violations.
- The problem must be in our service area.
- We cannot help you if we are already helping the person with whom you have the legal problem.
This is also known as a conflict of interest.
- It is extremely important that all of the information you put in this application is correct.
If the information is not correct, we may not be able to contact or assist you.
- Completing this application does not make you a client of Legal Services of Southern Missouri and
does not create an attorney-client relationship or mean your case will be accepted.
- The information we collect here is used only to decide if you are eligible for our services.
In making this application, you are agreeing that Legal Services of Southern Missouri may take up to 14
business days to get back to you.
If we deny you service and you believe that was incorrect, you may appeal. Your appeal must be in writing and
mailed to - Attn: Appeal, c/o Legal Services of Southern Missouri, 809 North Campbell, Springfield, MO 65802 -
within 30 days from the date of that denial.
If you do not fit or accept these conditions, you will need to find someone else to help you with your legal problem.
You may access The Missouri Bar website at www.missourilawyershelp.org/find-lawyer/
I have read the above information and understand the terms and conditions. I know I need to protect my
rights by taking any necessary steps while applying for help. By checking his box, I agree to the terms and conditions: